When it comes to termite infestations, the best solution is to eliminate the entire nest in a single treatment as a few surviving termites can start an entire colony all over again. There are plenty of termite control methods which claim to be as effective as termite fumigation, but none of them offers the same level of guaranteed protection.
Termite fumigation treatment, also known as structural fumigation, encloses your property with a tent and releases precise amounts of gas fumigant into the tent. The fumigant gas penetrates deep into the structure and hard-to-reach spaces such as attics, cracks and crevices.
Once the Western Exterminator technician has confirmed there has been sufficient fumigation time and exposure to exterminate every last termite, the tent will then be vented. Once the tent is thoroughly aerated, it leaves behind no surface residue, and your home completely termite-free. Once the fumigation tent is vented, leaving behind no residual effect and your property completely termite-free.
Termite fumigation does take some preparation on your end but there is no reason for concern. Since World War ll, Western Exterminator has been exterminating termites and your termite control expert will walk you through the process, every step of the way.
1. Thorough termite inspection A State-certified Western Exterminator specialist will perform a thorough inspection of your home, talk you through the evidence of termite activity and explain potential risk areas.
2. Before fumigation We will provide you will a comprehensive set of instructions to ensure a successful fumigation treatment. There are a number of things you’ll need to do to prepare your home and accommodation arrangements will need to be made for your family and pets.
3. Day of fumigation Western Exterminator fumigation professionals will turn up on time and enclose your property in a tent. The tent creates a solid seal around the structure and allows the fumigant gas to seep into the wood, reaching all nooks and crannies and wipes out the entire termite infestation.
4. After fumigation The tent is vented and all fumigation chemicals are removed, leaving behind no surface residue as the fumigant gas dissipates entirely from your home. Spot treatments can be carried out as an additional measure to ensure no termites remain to re-infest the structure.
5. Guaranteed protection Western Exterminator technicians will follow up to ensure your property is protected from termites and that all risk factors have been addressed. With termites, prevention is key and preventative recommendations will be made to ensure your peace of mind.
Termite fumigation preparation
While fumigation eliminates 100% of termites, it also involves the use of powerful chemicals and requires homeowners to prepare the property well to ensure successful treatment. The preparation process needs to be taken seriously and carried out prior to the fumigation treatment to reduce health and safety risks to family members and pets. These preparations include:
1. Making sure you have somewhere to stay - The termite fumigation process takes a few days and in this time, your home will be filled with dangerous chemicals. You will not be allowed entry while the tent is up and the fumigation process is underway, so make arrangements to stay with family, friends or book into a hotel.
2. Opening interior doors between rooms - Fumigant chemicals will need to reach into all rooms and permeate into the walls. Although the gas fumigants can flow underneath doors, we ask for all interior doors to be kept open for optimal circulation.
3. Sealing up food, securing plants - Remove or prepare unsealed food and medications. Any food left out during the termite fumigation process must be discarded. Remove all houseplants and if necessary, relocate exterior potted plants that could potentially be damaged.
4. Raking the gravel - If you have gravel or mulch around your property, rake it back up to a foot away from your home. This will help create a solid seal for the tent along the perimeter of the structure.
5. Helping the fumigator with the keys - Our fumigation professionals will need to get inside your home during the termite fumigation process, so please make arrangements to leave us a set of keys. Western Exterminator will ensure your home is locked up and secure once the treatment is done.
Once the termite fumigation treatment is complete, Western Exterminator fumigators will remove the tents, return your keys and let you know when you’ll be able to re-enter your home. Your family, pets and plants will be able to return home, completely termite and worry-free.
Western Exterminator professionals have been eliminating termites for almost a century now. We stay up-to-date with the latest methods and chemical formulations for effective treatment and prevention of termite infestations. Call us at 800-937-8398 or fill in our contact form to speak to one of our experts. We'll schedule a free termite inspection to determine the best termite treatment option for you.
Hear what our customers have to say
Helpful Termite Technicians
"All your representatives have been very helpful. Especially Vincent, my pest control technician and Jesus, my termite technician. They have gone out of their way to be helpful I appreciate their work over the last few years"
Joan Drale, Residential Customer — Thousand Palms, CA