People aren’t the only ones vulnerable to bites and stings from summer pests – your pets are also at risk. Dogs and cats are susceptible to a lot of the same illnesses caused by insect bites as humans. One of the biggest concerns is heartworm which can be transmitted through a mosquito bite.
We love our pets but often forget that they need protection from insects. The same vigilance recommended for people should be extended to our cherished pets.
Protect your pets with these tips
There are several precautions you can take to reduce the risk of your pet coming into contact with summer pests. Follow these seven tips for your yard and home:
- Talk to your veterinarian about preventative products. They can recommend the best product for your pet.
- Vacuum carpets and furniture regularly and empty bags often.
- Wash your bed linens, rug, and pet bedding frequently.
- Keep your lawn trimmed.
- Remove leaves and brush from around your home.
- Stack firewood off the ground and away from your home.
- Call a pest control professional for an evaluation of your home and recommendations for the best treatment options.
By taking these steps, you can help protect your furry companions from the potential dangers of summer pests.
Western Exterminator cares about the health and safety of you and your pets. Our pest specialists will evaluate your home and yard to identify potential pest issues and make recommendations to eliminate and control pests in your home and yard. Contact us today to learn how Western Exterminator can protect your family this summer.