© 2023 Rentokil Initial plc and subject to the conditions in the legal statement.
Western Exterminator Share Your Western Story Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. Contest Timing: (the “Contest”) (the “Contest Period”).
2. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees (and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household) of Western Exterminator (“Sponsor”) and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates and advertising and promotion agencies (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the “Contest Entities”) are not eligible to participate or win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter the Contest: There is no purchase necessary to participate in the Contest. A purchase does not increase an entrant's chances of winning. During the Contest Period, people will be able to share a story about Western Exterminator. Entries can be submitted by filling out the form available at https://www.westernexterminator.com/about/100-years/ between June 21 - September 3, 2021. Limit one (1) entry per person. Any entry or portion thereof that is, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, inconsistent with Sponsor's image, offensive, obscene, profane, lewd, defamatory, contains any proper names, third party materials (other than Sponsor), or otherwise violates or infringes (or may infringe) any copyright, trademark, logo, mark that identifies a brand or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light) or entity, or is otherwise objectionable, will not be accepted as an entry and may disqualify the entrant from further participation in the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by entrants’ online service will apply and are entrant's’ sole responsibility. Story submissions become the property of Sponsor and are subject to editorial approval and may be edited for length and grammar. Submissions may be published and include first name, last name initial, city, and state. Compensation will not be provided for published stories. Submissions are the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, corrupted, incomplete or damaged entries. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. Automated, script, macro or robotic entries will be disqualified.
4. Selection: Each eligible entry will be entered in a drawing and 5 winners will be selected to win a $100 Giftogram gift card.
5. Prizes and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): Prize (1): Giftogram Gift Card ($100.00). Prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. Maximum of one (1) prize per person. Giftogram gift cards will be delivered to the email address included in your submission form.
6. General Rules: Taxes, related to the prizes are the responsibility of the individual winners, if applicable. Prize winners will be contacted by email and/or phone on or around September 15, 2021. Winners will need to provide a valid email address in order to receive the gift card. Return of prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be determined. Winners and all entrants, as a condition of entry into the Contest, agree to release Contest Entities and Facebook from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Contest, the receipt, ownership or use of prize awarded or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of the prizes. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Contest Entities to use winners’ names, likenesses, statements and entries for promotional purposes (including any possible public relations opportunities) without further compensation except where prohibited by law. Entrants grant the Contest Entities the right to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, reproduce, adapt, or otherwise revise and/or alter the entry, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the entry for editorial, commercial, promotional, regulatory or legal reasons and all other purposes, in its sole discretion. The Contest Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this Contest for any reason, including (but not limited to) if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, Contest, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest. If such cancellation occurs, Sponsor reserves the right to determine the winners from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation.
7. Disputes: Entrants/winners agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and solely and exclusively in a federal or state court located in the state of Connecticut; Entrants/Winners submit to sole and exclusive personal jurisdiction to said courts in the state of Connecticut for any such dispute and irrevocably waives any and all rights to object to such jurisdiction; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out of pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants/Winners be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants/winners hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants/winners or the Contest Entities in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules of provisions (whether of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the United States, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
8. Data Collection: Sponsor collects personal information from participants when they enter the Contest (and for when they may be deemed the winners of the Contest) for use in administration of the Contest. During the Contest (including upon entry), you may be asked to consent to receive promotional emails and information about Sponsor. Consenting to receive such emails and information is optional, and is not necessary to enter or win this Contest, nor will it increase or improve your chances of winning. By entering this Contest, entrants are providing their information to Sponsor and not to Facebook. Contact information will not be shared or sold and will only be used for the Winner to claim the prize.
9. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Rentokil North America, Inc. d/b/a Western Exterminator 305 N. Crescent Way, Anaheim, CA 92801. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook®.