April is always a time for boundless optimism.
Baseball fans head off to Opening Day knowing their favorite team is in first place (at least for a day!) and say, “This could be the year.” Unless you are a Chicago Cubs fan, of course.
Homeowners start their spring cleaning and get rid of all of winter’s clutter, and the project list for things to do in and around our home and yard get longer by the minute.
April is also National Pest Management month and my optimism about keeping your living or working environment pest-free is more than a glass half full – it’s overflowing!
The highly trained and knowledgeable pest management professionals from Western Exterminator Company know a home or business is no place for annoying and potentially harmful pests.
To celebrate the valuable services the men and women of the pest management industry provide to customers across the United States, my colleagues and I at Western Exterminator want to share some important information on how pests can go from a nuisance to a hazard faster than a hot dog vendor spreads mustard on an LA Dodger Dog!
- Feeling the Pressure! Pest pressure increases significantly in spring and summer, which is why simple measures like sealing cracks and crevices around the home, keeping kitchen counters and floors clean and free of crumbs, sealing garbage cans and eliminating sources of standing water on your property can go a long way in preventing pests from making a home in yours.
- Taking a Bite Out of Your Home! Some pests, including termites, rodents and ants can cause costly damage to the structure of a home. Termites and carpenter ants have the ability to chew through wood beams, walls, floors and even wallpaper. Rodents can start house fires if they gnaw through electrical wiring or build nests close to heat sources.
- Get A Termite Inspection. Termites can pose a major threat to the structural integrity of your home or business but according to a recent National Pest Management Association report, 52% of homeowners have failed to have a proper inspection done. Yikes – no wonder termites have the attitude of invincibility!
- Public Health Threats. Commonly encountered pests such as cockroaches, mosquitoes and stinging insects pose health threats to humans. Cockroach allergens are known to trigger asthma attacks, especially in children. Mosquitoes, meanwhile, can carry West Nile virus and stinging insects send more than half a million people to the emergency room every year. Ouch!
- A Pest That’s Itching to Bother You. Bed bugs are highly mobile and highly annoying to customers who have suffered through an infestation at home or while traveling. Bed bugs are active at night and bite you while you are sleeping, leaving small red bite marks and an annoying itching sensation that will have you seeing red!
- Pests Are Bad for Business. If you own or manage a restaurant, bakery, hotel, healthcare facility or grocery store, you know pests are bad for business. Pests such as rodents, flies and stored products pests can spoil food, introduce deadly bacteria to your facility, and lead to significant financial losses and extensive damage to your reputation.
Protecting the public health and structures from the harmful antics of pests is what the professionals at Western Exterminator Company do on a daily basis. We couldn’t be prouder of the important role we play in keeping your family and customers safe from pests.
If pests are a problem in your home or business, the team at Western Exterminator can help. Send me an e-mail at AskMrLittle@WesternExterminator.com and I’ll be sure to get back to you right away with an answer to your pest problem.
Until next time, thanks for making Western Exterminator “The Final Word in Pest Control®”
Have a pest free day and Happy National Pest Management Month!